Monday, June 17, 2013

Whistle while you work...

Whistle while you work... or just try to keep on being productive!

This is the hardest part of working for me. It is so much easier to slack... than to give 100% of myself for eight hours every week day. It's much easier to give 60-80%... agreed?
I just try to be productive daily.

These thoughts led to a discussion with my BFF Jameson. I (as usual, because, lets face it, I'm chatty.) did most of the talking.. as follows:

ME: Jameson... I have a SUPER hard time staying focused ALL DAY EVERYDAY during work! It's reallly hard.. and I don't always like it...

JAMESON: Yeah?
ME: YEAH! It's the worst... I lose focus... and want to be anywhere but in an office! Ugh. What's the point. I want to work less hours.
{Insert slightly irrelevant part of the conversation that I forgot.. it had something to do with me wanting to cut back on hours, work lots less, etc.}
JAMESON: That's kinda like quitting...
ME: I'm fine with that! I'm a quitter.
JAMESON: No you're not! You don't want to quit!
ME: YES. I do. I don't mind quitting. I'm seriously fine with it...
{Insert pondering time... I was wondering what's the bid deal about quitting anyway? Why should I not quit? What's the point of... ***ENDURING TO THE END! I hit me.}
ME: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh..... I guess... not quitting is like enduring to the end. It's practice for life, If I can get through something grueling and totally boring and mindless that makes me want to quit... Enduring to the end is what will bring us everlasting life, and joy. :)
In all seriousness, I do love my job. When I don't love it, I like it. It is great office experience, I usually have a lot to do (I cannot stand idle time!), my employers work very well with my school schedule, and I get more than minimum wage! I like the people I work with, and I love that I am serving others. I have a great job! 

It gets tedious at times... but it's worth sticking to it, and I now know, that I am not a quitter! Now that I realized that it's practice for eternity, for the rest of forever, I'm happy sticking with anything I pick up. 

In the Book of Mormon,  2 Nephi 31:20 it reads:
20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
 I can endure, and I WILL endure to the end with a brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Even in the small things.... like work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment